Saturday, January 19, 2008

Blessing for Mama and Baby Brother

Last Sunday the most wonderful group of women got together and had a birth blessing for baby brother and I. It was so beautiful and absolutely perfect.

This was the alter in the middle of the circle

We lit candles and talked about wishes for a beautiful birth


Each woman brought a bead with a special meaning for the birth. I am making this into a necklace to focus on when I'm in labor.


Partial group shot. I wish we had a photo of everyone.

Thanks so much to Adrienne for organizing this whole beautiful affair, Angie for running the show, Emily for the beautiful flowers, Korin for the perfect space and all of the other women for their peaceful words. Blissful day it was!!!

3 comments:

UrbanHippieMama said...

I wish I could've been there! It looks so neat. I hope you are able to enjoy these last moments of your pregnancy.

Lisa said...

Oooh, I haven't had time to read mamablogs lately, so this is the first time I am seeing that header of Moon. I LOVE it! So glad you used some of the pics from the blessing. :) Sorry I didn't get a whole group shot. I would have loved to take more, but I didn't want to run around and break the energy.

alyson said...

joe, it looks like such a lovely baby blessing...goes w/o saying I am dissapointed in myself for not being there. xoxo