Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The Manly Lanny turns 5 Months and Big Sissy Moon turns 3.5

Yesterday was a big day around here, although you wouldn't have known it.
Our sweet Lanny is only one month away from turning the big, scary 6 months (when Moon started to crawl!!!! Yikes!). I am trying to be in the moment with him, but my the time passes so quickly before my eyes that I cannot resist trying to peek into the future a bit.
Today he had a little check up with a new doctor.
He weighs just over 15 lbs and is 26.5 inches long. Lanny was totally exhausted from the trauma of riding in the (very hot) car over to the appointment, so after about 10 minutes he was wearing down and starting to cry. The doctor was so patient and sweet to him and was able to talk him into cooperating just long enough to complete his exam.
The Moonbeam had a super fun morning yesterday playing with Owen at the park. Adrienne and I actually got to have a mama conversation while the big kids played. Chase continues to bet the funnest game in the world and is also the cause of most Moon-Owie drama. Often it's because chasing involves some sort of tool being waved at one or the other. Wild little animals.
Moon ate 5 hotdogs for dinner the other night, weighs somewhere around 35 lbs and I have no idea how tall she is. She is so precocious and is a little lady in every way.
Patrick and I are so blessed. We were talking tonight about how wonderful our life together is, growing children, chickens, food.... We never would have guessed this when we met almost 6 years ago. Is that enough mushy mush for one day? I think it's all I can give for awhile ;)

2 comments:

Angie said...

I want more, My heart pounds when I get to read about you guys Jess, love you much.
Ang

crescentaluna said...

Oh you guys! I can't wait to see you all. Love the pictures and miss you all ... I have just gone back and read all the way back to Lanny's birth story. Can't believe I've missed so much! xoxoxo ...
Davina