Saturday, August 23, 2008

Family

I have not wanted to write this post, but I cannot have this blog without sharing this past week. My uncle Stan (my mama's brother) died last week, leaving so many sad, sad friends and family. It was such a gift to get to spend time with his girls this last week, opening my heart and experiencing a bit of their journey. So much more sadness and healing on the way. I miss my cousins already and hope to see them again soon.

Kim, Jen and Brandy. Kim's husband Pete in the background.

Kim, Pete and Lanny. Lanny was SO SPOILED with snuggles this last week.
Lanny on his first airplane ride to Spokane. A trip without Moon.

Lanny keeping spirits up for the moment

Extra time with Nan and Papou

We are so blessed to have such a big, beautiful family to share all of life's experiences with.

2 comments:

crescentaluna said...

Jess, so sorry for your loss. A virtual hug to you my friend ...

Leah Perlingieri said...

I am sorry that your uncle passed away. It is nice to see smiling, celebrating-life faces surrounding a difficult time. Family coming together can be so healing in sad situations and really highlight the family's strengths (especially when there are babies around to remind us of the "circle":)