Monday, February 05, 2007

Smoothies. and Bars.

First, it's the boobie. Second, it's the Smoothie. Third, it's the Bar.
The boobie is self explanitory as "food of choice". Moon isn't really a fan of solids yet (and she is two????), but in order to give my poor boobies a bit of a break, we introduced the smoothie. Here is what it is comprised of (all organic) :
Half of a can of coconut milk
1 cup of plain, whole milk yogurt
1/2 cup frozen berries
1/2 cup frozen peaches or mangos or more berries
1 ripe banana
4-6 leaves of kale
small handful of baby spinach leaves
1/4 cup parsley
pineapple juice and water to texture

add in's of whey protein powder or liquid vitamins

One batch of smoothie lasts one or two days, depending on how much "bar" is consumed.
I have estimated that this smoothie costs $5-$7 a day!!!!
I am also considering adding a raw egg, since Moon still is really not into eating solids and I am worried about her little body getting what it needs.

Let's follow with a quick and embarrassing confession about "bar". This is the one regular solid food Moon will eat and is largely JUNK. Clif Bars for kids (junk), Odwalla bars, etc. She LOVES these things and my homemade versions don't measure up.

I will end with a disclaimer that I make Moon 3 meals a day of regular food. She just rarely will eat it, unless she is going through a growth spurt. If we don't offer smoothie, she will just want to nurse or not eat and get very cranky. sigh.
I love you Mooner, smoothie and bar preferences, and all.

No comments: