Wednesday, February 21, 2007

So yesterday Moon and I paid a visit to "very helpful optician man". We brought him the broken glasses and I was already feeling really self-conscious because the "very rude optician lady" gave me the evil eye about being in there AGAIN with broken glasses. I think she doesn't like children.
Anyhow, "very helpful optician man" took one look at the glasses and said, "this isn't working, is it"? I instantly felt like crying, because he was being understanding (WTF is with these damaged emotions anyhow?). Moon then tried on a million more glasses and found some that almost work and he thought that he had a brand all figured out, but then realized that they don't make it small enough. As my dear friend Adrienne says, "Seen this Movie...".
He validated our crappy situation, told us we were in between a rock and a hard place, sympathized with Moon being so young and having a big responsibility, then continued to try to help us! He ended up ordering several pairs of somewhat flexible glasses in the smallest sizes to see if any of them will work. Totally nice and way above and beyond. Three cheers for "very helpful optician man"! I even called my mom when we left. So you know I was impressed.

1 comment:

FannyHams said...

we LOVE that very helpful optician man!!!!!